6-Day Kenya Private Ol Pejeta, Lake Nakuru & Mara Safari
Kenya is one of the top wildlife destinations, recommended especially for those booking a first-time safari. This package will take you through the most famous safari destinations in Kenya. It provides you with the chance to experience a wide variety of wildlife on a truly unique safari adventure.
- This tour starts and ends in Nairobi.
- You’ll visit Ol Pejeta, Lake Nakuru & Mara
- Activities: Game drives
- Game drives: Pop-roof 4×4 vehicle
- Luxury tour – This tour uses Luxury Lodges and Camps.
- Private tour – This tour will be organised exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
- Can start any day – If availability permits, this tour can start any day.
- Can be customised – You can request changes to this tour.
- Suitable for solo travellers – Solo travellers can book this private tour.
- Sweetwaters Serena Camp
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Day 1: Drive: Nairobi – Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Your safari will start with a pick-up at JKIA or your hotel in Nairobi at around 7 AM. You will then drive to Ol Pejeta Conservancy. On your way, you will have a stopover at the equator line for photo sessions and a “change of hemispheres” demonstration. You will arrive at Sweetwaters Serena Camp and check-in. Freshen up and have a hot lunch at the camp. At around 4 PM, after having some time to relax, you will proceed for an afternoon game drive. The Conservancy is celebrated for hosting the only two remaining endangered northern white rhinos in the world. It also houses Sweetwater’s Chimpanzee Sanctuary, the only one of its kind in Kenya; it is East Africa’s largest black rhino sanctuary and is home to the ‘Big Five (elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo, and leopard). After the game drive, you will drive back to the camp.
Day 2: Drive: Lake Nakuru
After breakfast at the camp, you will head to Lake Nakuru National Park. You will have a
stopover at Nyahururu for a chance to see the 74-meter Thomson’s Falls. The oceanic breeze here is wonderful. You will then proceed and arrive at Lake Nakuru for check-in at Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge. Freshen up and proceed for a hot lunch. At around 4 PM, after having some time to relax, you will head out for an afternoon game drive. The game drive starts at the gate since the lodge is inside the park. This park is renowned for hosting thousands, sometimes millions of flamingos, hundreds of both black and white rhinos, and the highly endangered Rothschild’s giraffes. Also, it has the best scenery and opportunity to see Makalia Waterfall. After the game drive, you will head to the lodge to freshen up and proceed for a freshly prepared hot dinner. Later, have overnight at the lodge.
Day 3: Drive: Lake Nakuru – Masai Mara National Reserve
After having breakfast, you drive to Masai Mara, one of Africa’s greatest wildlife reserves. On arrival at Masai Mara National Reserve, check in at Mara Serena Lodge, freshen up, and have a hot lunch. At around 4 PM, proceed for an afternoon game drive. Masai Mara is the highlight of every safari in Kenya. The reserve has the highest concentration of wildlife. After the game drive, we will return to the lodge to freshen up and enjoy dinner. Have overnight at the lodge.
Day 4-5: Masai Mara Conservancy
Today’s program is very flexible – you can choose between three options.
Option 1: Have breakfast and exit the lodge with a packed lunch for a full-day game drive in the Mara Reserve, searching for the Big Five and other animals.
Option 2: You may opt to have an early morning game drive in search of the big cats and their killings, return for breakfast, freshen up and spend the rest of the midmorning at your leisure, either swimming in the pool or just relaxing. Later, have lunch and proceed for the evening game drive at around 4 PM, searching for the Big Five and other animals.
Option 3: You may also choose to go on an optional hot air balloon ride (USD 400pp) in the early morning. You will be picked up from your lodge and transferred to the balloon launch site. The experience takes about an hour. Later, return to the lodge via a Maasai village for lunch. At around 4 PM, proceed for an afternoon game drive. Finally, you will have dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 6: Masai Mara – Nairobi
After breakfast, you will have a morning game drive to exit the park and head back to Nairobi. Depending on your flight back home, you will have a stopover for an optional boat trip on Lake Naivasha, followed by a walking safari in the animal sanctuary. You will proceed with your journey to Nairobi, where you will spend the day with optional activities depending on your flight schedule.
- Park fees – (For non-residents)
- All activities – (Unless labelled as optional)
- All accommodation – (Unless listed as an upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation – (Unless labelled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals – (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights – (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips – (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items – (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- The government-imposed increase of taxes and park fees