6-Days Safari – The Ultimate Kenya and Tanzania
This tour includes six days of authentic game driving across Kenya and Tanzania, including stops at the iconic Masai Mara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro. You will begin the tour in Nairobi and end in Arusha. Depending on the location of the Great Migration, we can concentrate the tour on Masai Mara or the Serengeti. The whole tour can be tailored to your preferences.
- This tour starts in Nairobi and ends in Arusha
- You’ll visit Masai Mara National Reserve, Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater.
- Activities: Game drives
- Game drives: Pop-roof 4×4 vehicle
- High-End tour – This tour uses High-End Lodges and Camps.
- Private tour – This tour will be organised exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
- Can start any day – If availability permits, this tour can start any day.
- Can be customised – You can request changes to this tour.
- Suitable for solo travellers – Solo travellers can book this private tour.
- andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp
- Four Seasons Safari Lodge
- The Highlands Lodge
Day 1: Masai Mara National Reserve
Start the day with a morning drive to Masai Mara National Reserve. This is one of the few places left on earth where wildlife still lives comparatively undisturbed in the numbers that were once common across all the plains and forests of Africa. As the northern tip of the vast Serengeti ecosystem, the Mara hosts the spectacular seasonal migration of thousands of wildebeest, zebras, and attendant predators. You will arrive in time for lunch, followed by an afternoon game drive.
Day 2: On safari in the Masai Mara
After breakfast, we have a full-day game drive in the Masai Mara (lunch will be a picnic). The reserve is well known for its black-maned lions and abundant wildlife. This is one of the few places where it’s possible to see the big five during a morning game drive. Many cheetahs are so tame that they seek shelter from the hot sun under vehicles. Several climbs onto the roof to get a better view of prospective prey.
For bird enthusiasts – almost 500 species have been recorded here. Among these include 16 species of eagle, many hawks and falcons, six species of vultures, eight species of storks, four species of bustard (including the Kori bustard, the world’s heaviest flying bird), and nine species of sunbirds.
Day 3: Masai Mara – Serengeti National Park
Wake up early for breakfast, followed by a short game drive heading to the airstrip for the flight to Serengeti. The flight from the Mara will drop you off at the Migori Airstrip, where you will be picked up for a 30-minute road transfer to the border point for immigration and customs procedures. Another 30-minute transfer follows, taking you to Tarime Airstrip for the flight into Serengeti. You arrive at Serengeti and enjoy a short safari on the way to the camp for hot lunch, relation and an afternoon game drive.
Day 4: Serengeti
As you crest the hillside, the vast Serengeti spreads out before you as far as the eyes can see. Serengeti means (endless plains) in Kiswahili. This 6,900 sq. mile (18,000 sq. km) park is inhabited by more than two million large animals, including more than a million wildebeest, hundreds of thousands of plains zebras, and Thomson’s gazelles. Large predators, including lions, cheetahs, and hyenas, are drawn to the area by the abundance of prey that migrates throughout the park. Many smaller animals, such as rock hyrax, bat-eared foxes, mongoose, honey badger, jackals, monkeys, baboons, and African hares, also inhabit the area, along with nearly 500 species of birds.
Day 5: Serengeti – Ngorongoro
Today you will wake up very early for a pre-breakfast safari. The animals are more active now, and you can witness a fantastic sunrise! The sunrise on the African savannah is one of the most beautiful experiences. After the game drive, you will return to the lodge for brunch. In the afternoon, we will transfer to Ngorongoro, the eighth natural wonder of the world. With walls 2,000 ft high and a crater floor that spreads for 102 sq. miles, the crater is a virtual Noah’s Ark. It is inhabited by almost every species of wildlife indigenous to East Africa, including the rare black rhino. The crater has the greatest concentration of wildlife on the planet. The giant bull elephants that reside here have huge tusks due to the rich mineral content of the volcanic soil and its grasses.
Day 6: Ngorongoro crater – Departure
We will start the day early and descend onto the crater floor for an incredible morning of wildlife viewing in one of the most stunning places on Earth. After the game drive, there will be time for a picnic lunch near the beautiful hippo Lake.
We will then have time for a short game drive before we ascend the crater and exit the Ngorongoro Conservation Area towards Arusha for drop-off.
- Park Entry fees
- All activities – (Unless labelled as optional)
- All accommodation – (Unless listed as an upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation – (Unless labelled as optional)
- All flights during the tour
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals – (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Hot Balloon safari
- Sundowner and bush breakfast
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips and gratuities – (Highly recommended)
- Items of a personal nature – (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- The government-imposed increase of taxes and park fees