8-Day Wonders of Kenya Great Migration Safari
This tour will take you from the views of Kilimanjaro to the ranges of Aberdare and Mt Kenya, down to the pink Lake Nakuru, home of flamingos and rhinos. You’ll end your tour at the vast wilderness of Mara, where millions of herbivores cross the Mara River to the Serengeti and vice versa.
- This tour starts and ends in Nairobi.
- You’ll visit Amboseli, Lake Naivasha, Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara
- Activities: Game drives & Boat ride
- Game drives: Pop-roof 4×4 vehicle
- Semi-Luxury tour – This tour uses Semi-Luxury Lodges and Camps.
- Private tour – This tour will be organised exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
- Can start any day – If availability permits, this tour can start any day.
- Can be customised – You can request changes to this tour.
- Suitable for solo travellers – Solo travellers can book this private tour.
- Amboseli Serena
- Sopa Naivasha
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge
- Ashnil Mara
Day 1: Arrive in Nairobi
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met and picked up by our guide. You will be transferred to your Eka Hotel to rest and leisure. Depending on your arrival time, you can have a city tour.
Day 2: Nairobi to Amboseli National Park
After breakfast at your hotel, you’ll drive to Amboseli National Park, where you will arrive in time for lunch. After lunch, proceed for an afternoon game drive, where you can spot some of the Big Five. All meals and your overnight stay will be at Amboseli Serena Lodge.
Day 3: Amboseli National Park
You’ll have a full day of exploration in the park. After breakfast, depart for a morning game drive. Afterwards, return to your lodge for lunch at leisure. You’ll then embark on an afternoon game drive, the best time to view the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Day 4: Amboseli National Park to Lake Naivasha
Enjoy your breakfast, then drive to Naivasha. You will have a stopover at the Great Rift Valley Viewpoint. You’ll be arriving in Naivasha in time for lunch. In the afternoon, have a boat.
Day 5: Lake Naivasha to Lake Nakuru National Park
You’ll enjoy breakfast at your lodge. Then you’ll check out and drive through the calm Rift Valley environment towards Lake Nakuru. You’ll have a game drive as you head to the lodge, where you will arrive in time for lunch. Afterwards, have an afternoon game drive at Lake Nakuru National Park. Dinner and your overnight stay will be at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge.
Day 6: Lake Nakuru to Maasai Mara National Reserve
After breakfast at the lodge, head southwards to Maasai Mara National Reserve. You will have an en-route game drive leading to the lodge. You will arrive in time for lunch, and you can enjoy some relaxation. Later on, have an afternoon game drive in reserve. Dinner and your overnight stay will be at Ashnil Mara Camp on a full-board basis.
Day 7: Maasai Mara National Reserve
You can have an optional early morning balloon safari ride (US$500.00 per person) across the Maasai Mara plain. Afterwards, breakfast at the lodge and enjoy morning and afternoon game drives. You’ll enjoy the view of the great migration of wildebeest crossing the Mara River. Dinner and your overnight stay will be at Ashnil Mara Camp.
Day 8: Maasai Mara National Reserve to Nairobi
After breakfast at the lodge, check out and drive to Nairobi. You will be transferred to the airport for your home flight upon arrival in Nairobi.
- Park fees – (For non-residents)
- All activities – (Unless labelled as optional)
- All accommodation – (Unless listed as an upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation – (Unless labelled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals – (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights – (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips – (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items – (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- The government-imposed increase of taxes and park fees