8-Day Wonders of Kenya & Tanzania – Luxury
This tour includes 8 days of an authentic expedition crossing Kenya and Tanzania’s iconic Maasai Mara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro. This tour starts in Nairobi and ends in Arusha and can be tailor-made. Depending on the Great Migration location, we can concentrate the tour in Mara or The Serengeti.
- This tour starts in Nairobi and ends in Arusha
- You’ll visit Masai Mara National Reserve, Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater.
- Activities: Game drives
- Game drives: Pop-roof 4×4 vehicle
- Luxury Tour – This tour uses luxury Lodges and Camps.
- Private tour – This tour will be organised exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
- Can start any day – If availability permits, this tour can start any day.
- Can be customised – You can request changes to this tour.
- Suitable for solo travellers – Solo travellers can book this private tour.
- Entim Mara
- Melia Serengeti Lodge
- Ngorongoro Lion’s Paw Camp
Day 1: Masai Mara National Reserve
You’ll have an early morning drive to Masai Mara National Reserve. It is one of the few places left on earth where wildlife still lives comparatively undisturbed, in the numbers that once roamed the plains and forests of Africa. As the northern tip of the vast Serengeti ecosystem, the Mara hosts the spectacular seasonal migration of thousands of wildebeest, zebras and attendant predators. You’ll arrive in time for lunch, followed by an afternoon game
Day 2-3: Masai Mara National Park
After breakfast, we will have a full-day game drive with packed lunch. The reserve is well known for its black-manned lion and abundant resident wildlife. It is also one of the few places where it’s possible to see the Big Five during a morning game drive. Many cheetahs are so tame that they seek shelter from the hot sun under one’s vehicle, and several even climb onto the roof to get a better view of prospective prey. For the bird enthusiast, almost 500 species have been recorded: among these, 16 species of eagle, many hawks and falcons, 6 species of vultures, 8 species of storks, 4 of bustard (including the Kori bustard, the world’s heaviest flying bird), and 9 species of sunbirds.
Day 4: From Masai Mara to Serengeti
Early breakfast, then a game drive while driving out of the national reserve. After border formalities, go to the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania. It will be a long day of driving, but the game drives in and out of the parks can be surprisingly incredible.
Day 5-6: Serengeti National Park
You’ll have two full days in the Serengeti with a flexible schedule and unlimited mileage. As you crest the hillside, spread out before you, as far as the eyes can see, is the vast Serengeti. Serengeti means (endless plains). This 6,900sq miles (18,000sq km) park is inhabited by more than 2 million large animals, including more than a million wildebeest, hundreds of thousands of plains zebras, and Thomson’s gazelles. Large predators, including lions, cheetahs, and hyenas, are drawn to the area by this abundance of prey which migrates throughout the park. Many smaller animals like rock hyrax, bat-eared fox, mongoose, honey badger, jackal, monkey, baboon and African hare also inhabit the area along with nearly 500 species of birds.
Day 7: Serengeti National Park to Ngorongoro
On this day, we suggest you wake up early for an early morning game drive (when the animals are more active) and see one of the best sunrises you’ll ever witness. After the game drive, we’ll return to the camp for a rewarding brunch and proceed to Ngorongoro, the 8th Wonder of the Natural World. You will reach Ngorongoro in time for a sundowner. The crater spreads for 102 sq miles and has 2,000 ft high walls, making it virtually Noah’s ark and inhabiting almost every species of wildlife indigenous to East Africa. It’s one of the sporadic locations in the continent where you can witness the black rhino. The crater has a river, several swamps, a soda lake with a significant concentration of flamingos, a forest and open plains. It’s also famous for its elephants which are the largest in the world and have massive tusks. Ngorongoro Crater is truly a Wonder of the Natural World.
Day 8: Ngorongoro Crater
We will start the day early and descend into the crater floor for an incredible morning of wildlife viewing in one of the most stunning places on earth. After the game drive, there will be time for a picnic lunch near the beautiful hippo lake. After lunch, we will have time for a short game drive and then ascend the crater and exit Ngorongoro Conservation Area towards Arusha.
- Park Entry fees
- All activities – (Unless labelled as optional)
- All accommodation – (Unless listed as an upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation – (Unless labelled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals – (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips and gratuities – (Highly recommended)
- Items of a personal nature – (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- The government-imposed increase of taxes and park fees